Thursday, February 10

sleeping beauty


It's funny to think that ten years ago I drew exclusively with a mechanical pencil.
So much has changed since then. I was reluctant to ever go to art school, because I liked saying I was self-taught, and I was afraid art school would destroy my style and force me to draw like everyone else. This was a legitimate concern because there is a definite difference in works done by someone with an art degree and someone without. After art school, that difference is more apparent to me, and boy, am I glad I decided to go! I definitely do not feel like "they" diluted my "natural talent." On the contrary, I feel like the education has increased my skill and medium versatility and improved my artistic practice.

I'm such an art snob...


No comments:

Post a Comment